- 24 large oysters
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 16 ounces plum tomatoes (can drained & chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped fine)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Open oysters in microwave. Just open, don´t cook. Discard top shells. Cut meat from bottom shells. Leave meat in bottom shells.
- Preheat oven to hot 500°F.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil. Don´t let garlic brown, just fry lightly. Add plum tomatoes. Add flat parsley, finely chopped green pepper, oregano, salt and black pepper. Cook 5 minutes. Let sauce cool.
- Arrange oysters in bed of rock salt on oven-proof serving platter. Spoon sauce on each oyster. Bake 7 minutes & serve immediately.