Savory and delicious served with toast points or biscuits, this dish comes from the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Simmer oysters in their liquid until plump.
- 2Drain, saving liquid.
- 3Place drained oysters in a buttered casserole and keep warm.
- 4Melt butter; saute pepper and onion.
- 5Blend in flour and add oyster liquid with enough water to make 1 1/2 cups.
- 6Bring to a boiling point, stirring constantly.
- 7Season and pour over oysters.
- 8Add cheese and bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Creole Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oysters Louisiana
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.2
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 217.7 mg
- Sodium 823.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 39.4 g