Recipe by mary winecoff
This is like a scalloped oyster recipe. From my mom's big plastic bag of recipes. We used a lot of Tabasco in this dish but we like our dishes hot. Adjust your seasonings for your taste.
- 2 quarts oysters, drained
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups cracker crumbs, fine
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a layer of oysters in the bottom of a greased shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the parsley, shallots, seasonings, lemon juice, butter and crumbs.
- Make another layer of the same.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Just before baking, pour the half and half into evenly spaced holes, being very careful not to moisten crumb topping all over.
- Bake at 375°F about 30 minutes or until firm.