Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This super speedy and surprisingly easy recipe is from Martin Yan.
- 10 ounces shucked oysters, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 5 slices ginger, lightly crushed (quarter size)
- 1⁄3 cup port wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- Combine oysters and cornstarch in a colander; mix lightly.
- Rinse under cold running water.
- Parboil oysters in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute; drain.
- Place a 2 quart pan over high heat until hot.
- Add oil, swirling to coat bottom.
- Add green onions, garlic, and ginger; cook, stirring, until onions are fragrant and wilted, 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add oysters, wine, soy sauce, and oyster flavoured sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.