Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe given to me by my college sorority big sis. Originally from a Layfayette, LA community cookbook
- 3 (36 ounce) jars oysters, drained and reserve juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped artichoke heart
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Saute onion, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, red pepper, parsley, and vermouth, salt and pepper.
- Add oysters; when edges curl, add the reserved oyster juice; fold in bread crumbs and artichoke hearts.
- Pour into buttered 2 quart casserole and cover with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.