Recipe by echo echo
A neat, cute appetizer. I'm guessing at the amount of lemon juice and butter called for; just use however much you need. If you find the bacon shrivels up too much on the skewer, try rinsing it with water and patting it dry with a paper towel before cooking. Since I actually make a bunch at once but am just giving you the directions for making one, I didn't know how to figure the preparation time. You'll figure it out.
- 1 slice bacon
- 4 oysters
- 4 button mushroom caps
- 1 wooden skewer, soaked in water 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- fresh ground pepper
- hollandaise sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook it slightly, but not to crispness--it should still be flexible--and let cool a bit until comfortable to handle.
- Interlace the bacon with oysters and mushroom caps on skewer as follows: spear the bacon at one end, then spear a mushroom cap and oyster; bring the bacon down past the mushroom and oyster and spear it again; spear another mushroom and oyster; and so forth until all oysters and mushrooms are used up; end by spearing the other end of the bacon.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and brush with butter; grind pepper to taste lightly over the whole thing.
- Broil or grill until oysters begin to curl and bacon is crisp.
- Serve with hollandaise sauce.