Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Jambalaya, cookbook of the Junior League in New Orleans
- 36 oysters
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 8 slices bacon, crumbled
- lemon wedge
- Cook the bacon and crumble it.
- melt the butter and add the garlic.
- Drain oysters well. Place on towel to dry.
- Meanwhile combine the next six ingredients in a shallow pan. Roll dry oysters in the parmesan mix. Place them on greased baking pan in single layer.
- Baste them with the butter and broil until golden brown. Turn and baste with rest of butter and broil until that side is brown.
- Serve topped with crumbled bacon and garnish with the lemon.
- Time a guess. Depends on broiler. Keep a watch.