- 4 slices bacon, cut into halves
- brown sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) can smoked oysters, drain, rinse and rough chop
- 1⁄2 cup dry prepared seasoned stuffing mix (I use sourdough with herbs )
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon seasoning (poultry, cajun, Mrs. Dash, if your favourite stuffing is already well seasoned, omit this )
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Fry bacon lightly sprinkled with brown sugar, watch carefully, so not to burn. Drain, crumble and set aside
- In a small bowl, mix by hand, the bacon, oysters, stuffing, seasonings if using and water, adding more water if too dry or more stuffing if too wet.
- Using a tablespoon, hand shape into balls. Place balls onto a rack on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10 - 20 minutes, watching after 10 minutes for too much browning, ovens vary. Remove and serve.