Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to make this soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recipe.
- 2 (6 -8 ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sauteed in butter
- 1 quart oyster
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 bunch green onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup brown flour
- dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch thyme, salt, pepper
- paprika, cayenne pepper
- Cook artichoke hearts as directed on package.
- Place in a flat, buttered casserole.
- Cover with sautéed mushrooms.
- Cook oysters in their liquid until edges begin to curl.
- Drain thoroughly in colander, reserving liquid.
- Melt butter and sauté onion until tender; add parsley and cook a minute.
- Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Add enough white wine to oyster liquid to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Add seasonings and stir constantly until thick.
- Add oysters and spoon mixture over artichokes and mushrooms.
- Arrange lemon slices over top; add a dash or two of paprika and bake at 350°F about 10 minutes or until bubbling.