Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
- 1 dozen fresh, shucked oyster
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup basil
- 2 serrano chilies
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (found in Asian foods section; I prefer the vietnamese version)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- salt and black pepper
- breadcrumbs, preferably from a moderate to high fat bread
- canola oil (to cook)
- Preheat sauteeing pan and sauté garlic and chilis in canola oil until brown and shiny.
- Add fish sauce and lime juice to pan, stir to deglaze.
- Add spinach and basil and cook until soft.
- Press out excess water and while still hot, puree mixture in food processor and add cream.
- Top each oyster with the puree and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- In an oven set to broil, broil until golden brown (you do not want the oysters cooked all the way through).
- Serve while hot.