Recipe by Alan Kirk
This recipe came from the UK Be-ro cookbook.Delicious with tea, coffee or as a between meal snack.
- 6 ounces shortcrust pastry
- 2 1⁄2 ounces margarine
- 2 1⁄2 ounces caster sugar
- 3 ounces ground almonds
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 4 ounces butter (room temperature)
- 4 ounces icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out the pastry and use this to line greased patty tins.
- Cream the margarine with the sugar.Stir in the ground almonds,beaten egg and almond extract/essence.Place a spoonful of this mixture into each lined patty tin and bake for 20 minutes at 375deg F.Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cold, carefully scoop out the almond filling.
- Fill the cases with jam and butter cream and replace the almond filling.Dust with icing sugar.
- BUTTER CREAM:.
- Beat the butter with the icing sugar and stir in the vanilla extract/essence.