Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a great way to fancy up your thanksgiving stuffing.
- 2 loaves pepperidge farm bread (tall)
- 1 pint fresh oyster
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 celery rib
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint worth milk
- Soften butter in the microwave.
- Take a loaf and a 1/2 of the bread and butter both sides of it.
- Dice bread into cubes and put in a large bowl.
- Dump in the pint of oysters including the juice.
- Fill oyster can with milk and add to the oysters and bread.
- Dice up 1/4 cup of onion and dice 1/4 cup of celery and add to the bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mush ingrediants together with your hands until the consistancy of stuffing. If it is too watery add more pieces of bread until it is like stuffing.
- Stuff both ends of a turkey or chicken and bake as usual.
- *You can also cook this in just a bowl in the oven. Cook on 375 for about 50 minutes or until well done.