Recipe by Gaelige Coinnaigh
Amount Per Serving Calories: 107 Total Fat: 3.7g Cholesterol: 64mg Sodium: 500mg Total Carbs: 13.2g Dietary Fiber: 1.6g Protein: 5.3g
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 5 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked turkey giblets
- 8 ounces shucked oysters
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, sauté the celery with the onions until the onions are translucent.
- In a large bowl combine the crumbled cornbread, cooked celery, cooked onions, giblets, oysters, parley, basil, salt, paprika, dried sage and nutmeg. Toss well.
- Beat the 2 eggs. Add the eggs and chicken stock to the stuffing mixture. Stuff stuffing in bird's cavity. Remove stuffing promptly once bird is cooked.
- You can also bake the stuffing separately from the bird in a large casserole dish. Bake it in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes.