Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Elegant, light, quick and easy hors d'oeuvres
Make and share this Oyster-Stuffed Tomatoes (or Mussels-Stuffed Tomatoes) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (4 ounce) can smoked oysters or 1 (4 ounce) can smoked mussels
- 24 -48 cherry tomatoes
- Drain smoked oysters and/or smoked mussels well and place on paper towels.
- Slit the tops of each cherry tomato and place an oyster or a mussel inside the slit.
- Oysters will peek out the top of the tomatoes.
- If the oysters are too large, cut them in half.
- If the mussels are very small, you may need 2 mussels per tomato.
- Arrange on a platter and serve.
What a simple concept but so tasty. I served these with Bergy's Spinach Balls (19381). The contrast between red and green. . . hot and cold was just perfect.
Very quick, very easy and very tasty!! Thanks for sharing Miller, will use these often as an appitizer, no left overs!!