Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
even Oyster haters like this recipe!
- 24 large mushroom caps, cleaned and stems removed
- 1⁄2 lb fresh oyster, , chopped quite fine (, or use the ones in a jar)
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons mixed herbs
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese, grated
- Roll the chopped oysters in the bread crumbs.
- Melt butter and add minced garlic.
- Season with salt, pepper& herbs.
- Fry the oysters in the butter mixture.
- Fill the mushroom caps.
- Place caps in a baking dish, sprinkle with any remaining butter from frypan and the white wine.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the caps.
- Cover& bake 350f for 15 minutes.
- Uncover& broil for 1-2 minutes.
I loved this one as did a couple of others in the group, but the other person who tried it didn't care for the seasoning. I'd say, if you like the seasoning you'll love these so adjust the herbs to your taste.
Bergy, you said in the description, "Even oyster-haters like this recipe!" The first thing my husband said was,"Wow! Even people who don't care for oysters would like this!" : ) I scaled the recipe for 6 stuffed mushrooms. It stuffed four. No problem, but I thought it was good to note. I don't care for rosemary so left that out. Since I scaled the recipe, it only called for 1 1/2 tsp white wine. I added enough to sprinkle over the mushrooms and cover the bottom of the baking dish. Also, I made these gluten-free by using rice bread breadcrumbs. Thanks Bergy!