Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (mixed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 pint oysters, shucked or 2 (8 ounce) cans oysters (whole)
- Cut up any large vegetables.
- In a 3 quart saucepan combine vegetables, onions, bouillon granules, peppers, bay leaf and 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes.
- Do not drain.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Heat through.
- Add undrained oysters to vegetable mixture. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until edges of oysters curl, stirring frequently.
- If using canned oysters, just heat through.
- Remove bay leaf.