Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a definite holiday/Christmas Eve kind of stew and very good. Recipe courtesy of Buddy Sizemore and allrecipes.com
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the celery and shallots until shallots are tender.
- Pour half and half into a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Mix in the butter, celery, and shallot mixture.
- Stir continuously.
- When the mixture is almost boiling, pour the oysters and their liquid into the pot.
- Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir continuously until the oysters curl at the ends.
- When the oysters curl the stew is finished cooking.
- Turn off the heat and serve.