Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is posted by request. Please let me know how it is.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white pepper
- 36 oysters, with their liquor
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan bring broth to a boil over high heat.
- Boil until reduced by 1/3, around 5 minutes.
- Lower heat and whisk in the cream, bourbon and pepper.
- Keep at a gentle simmer for 30 minutes.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- 5 minutes before yur ready to serve, add the oysters and as much of the oyster juice as you wish.
- Cook until the edges of the oysters curl.
- Season with salt and serve with the parsley for garnish.
Oh, Yum! This is just outstanding. I made exactly as written, and I wouldn't change a thing. I get lovely fresh oysters from my nephew, who gathers them at low tide, and keep them frozen until ready to make something like this. Rich, buttery, just really, truly, yummy. I can't believe no one has reviewed this before now! I'll be passing this on to everyone I know who loves oysters, as well as making it again, myself. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!