Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Christmas Oyster Stew
Make and share this Oyster Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 bunch celery & leaves
- 1 1⁄2 quarts oysters
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 fluid ounce Worcestershire sauce
- tony chachere's creole seasoning
- Chop celery with leaves on.
- Saute celery in butter on medium low until kind of soft.
- Clean and wash oysters to get rid of shells. Reserve juice. Strain juice to get shells, etc. out. Return oysters to juice.
- Add oysters and juice to celery. Add salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Heat through on slow heat until edges of oysters begin to curl.
- Add 3/4 gallon of milk (I usually use 2%) and scald til it gets a skin on top. Don't boil it. Heat all the way through.
- Add shot of Worcestershire sauce and additional seasonings to taste.
- Cover and store someplace cold until ready to serve.
- Flavor will improve with time.
Best Oyster Stew I have ever made!!!!! Delicious!!!