Christmas Oyster Stew
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop celery with leaves on.
- 2Saute celery in butter on medium low until kind of soft.
- 3Clean and wash oysters to get rid of shells. Reserve juice. Strain juice to get shells, etc. out. Return oysters to juice.
- 4Add oysters and juice to celery. Add salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Heat through on slow heat until edges of oysters begin to curl.
- 5Add 3/4 gallon of milk (I usually use 2%) and scald til it gets a skin on top. Don't boil it. Heat all the way through.
- 6Add shot of Worcestershire sauce and additional seasonings to taste.
- 7Cover and store someplace cold until ready to serve.
- 8Flavor will improve with time.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oyster Stew
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.7
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 202.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: