JOHN TYLER's Note:
These appetizers go well with cooked chilled stone crab claws, cold boiled shrimp, and ice cold beer!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut stems off six whole fresh jalapeño peppers and seed.
- 2Remove ribs and chop fine.
- 3Place in sauce pan and cook on low for 5-10 minutes.
- 4Add water and cook for 30 minutes on medium-high.
- 5Add green food coloring.
- 6Remove from heat and place in shallow container or glass dish.
- 7Freeze until just slushy.
- 8Using a melon baller; scoop ice balls and place in shot glass; top with oyster and dash of Tabasco sauce and serve.
- 9Note: preparation time does not include freezing time.
Browse Our Top Caribbean Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Caribbean Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oyster Shooters With Jalapeño Ice
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.1
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 49.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g