Recipe by graniteangel
These are great for dinner or cocktail parties. They go down great and leave you a little buzzed. I recommend serving these as an opener!
Top Review by Sooz Cooks
We all thought these were delicious (my Dad, Husband and I)! The addition of the citrus vodka really made a big difference in the taste of one of my favorite appetizers! I did use more than 1 dash of hot sauce because I love them spicy. I used Tabasco Green Pepper, Tabasco Chipotle, and Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce. We are going to have these really often!
- 12 freshly shucked raw oysters
- 12 ounces citrus-infused vodka, ice cold
- 1 dash your favorite hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place one oyster with it's "juice" or "liquor" in the bottom of each chilled martini or shot glass.
- Pour in 1oz citrus vodka, hot sauce and lemon juice into each oyster filled glass.
- Drink as a shot, allowing the oyster to slide down your throat.
- Time does not reflect the time it takes to chill vodka or glasses in the freezer. That will take about an hour.