Recipe by Alskann
Another oyster sauce recipe I found while searching. This one is closer to what you find on your store shelves. I am posting it here for safe keeping so I will have it next time I am out of oyster sauce and can't make the 20 mile run to the store.
- 1⁄2 lb shucked oyster, with liquid
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain oysters and reserve the liquid.
- Mince oysters and place in a saucepan.
- Add water and reserved liquid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add salt and cool completely.
- Force the mixture through a fine sieve into sauce pan.
- Measure the liquid, adding 2 tablespoons light soy sauce to each 1/2 cup.
- Add dark soy sauce and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently for about 7 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and pour into a sterilized jar. Seal and store in the refrigerator. This sauce can be kept for several weeks.