Prep 2 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is from the Donna Hay cookbook "Cooking from the Shelf". It's my favourite way to eat vegetables! Serve the sauce over steamed bok choy, gai larn, broccoli, green beans, whatever you want! You can substitute dry sherry if you don't have the rice wine.
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chinese rice wine
- Place the sesame oil in a hot wok with the ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the oyster sauce, sugar and rice wine (or sherry) and simmer until thick.
- Place the greens on serving plate and pour the sauce over.