Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Delicious and different. From the Carolina Yacht Club in Charleston, SC.
- 40 oysters, freshly shucked
- 2 tablespoons scallions, diced fine
- 2 small tomatoes, peeled,seeded and medium diced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked black beans
- 1 green bell pepper, diced fine
- 1 red bell pepper, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 12 ounces low-sodium V8 juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, pureed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs of your favorite pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1 cup chablis
- In a large nonstick saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add red and green bell peppers, scallions, garlic and capers; saute 4-5 mins.
- Add wine to deglaze pan.
- Next add oysters and plump them for 1-2 mins.
- Add remaining ingredients in this order: grated lemon rind, basil, oregano, marjoran, sun-dried tomato puree, black beans, tomatoes, V-8 juice, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook pasta al dente in boiling unsalted water flavored with lemon extract.
- ,then drain.
- Add a little pasta to coat, toss and place on serving dish.
- Top with sauce and oysters.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaf and freshly grated Romano cheese.
- Serve immediately.