Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is an extremely easy recipe to make for a meal in itself.
- 12 extra select shucked oysters, with juice
- 4 cups clam broth or 4 cups juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 2 slices white toast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 packages oyster crackers
- In a double boiler with water boiling on high, combine clam juice, butter, celery salt& Worcestershire sauce.
- Once the butter melts, add the oysters with their liquor& cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Turn down heat& add the chili sauce& stir well.
- Add the half-and-half& cook for a few minutes until the cream is hot, but not boiling… Place a slice of white toast in each 9” soup bowl.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the oysters over the toast in the soup bowls.
- Remove top portion of double boiler& pour the hot liquid contents over the oysters, filling the bowl about 1/4” beneath the rim.
- Garnish each bowl with 1/8 teaspoon of paprika.
- Serve with the oyster crackers.