OYSTER PANROAST SOUP (((EXTREMELY EASY)))
- In a double boiler with water boiling on high, combine clam juice, butter, celery salt& Worcestershire sauce.
- Once the butter melts, add the oysters with their liquor& cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Turn down heat& add the chili sauce& stir well.
- Add the half-and-half& cook for a few minutes until the cream is hot, but not boiling… Place a slice of white toast in each 9” soup bowl.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the oysters over the toast in the soup bowls.
- Remove top portion of double boiler& pour the hot liquid contents over the oysters, filling the bowl about 1/4” beneath the rim.
- Garnish each bowl with 1/8 teaspoon of paprika.
- Serve with the oyster crackers.