Alan Leonetti's Note:
This is a wonderful Italian hors d oeuvre to serve before your holiday meal. If you have any questions you may e-mail me: AlanLeonetti@q.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the blue cheese in a medium size bowl and microwave until soft. Mix in the softened cream cheese.
- 2Chop the oysters or shrimp and add them into the bowl. I use a food processor to chop.
- 3Add the pistachio nuts and chives. Again, I use a food processor to chop.
- 4For the best flavor, cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 5When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
- 6Slice Italian bread into 2 inch pieces or use sliced baguette bread and place them onto a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet under the broiler just until lightly browned.
- 7Remove from broiler and spread the oyster mixture onto the toasted bread slices and serve. You may use crackers instead of bread.
- 8If using crackers, no toasting in broiler is necessary.
- 9The preparation and cooking time does not include the refrigerator time.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oyster or Shrimp Bruschetta Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (1239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2868.8
- Calories from Fat 1390
- Total Fat 154.5 g
- Saturated Fat 74.2 g
- Cholesterol 539.7 mg
- Sodium 5062.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 250.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.2 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 121.7 g