Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a wonderful Italian hors d oeuvre to serve before your holiday meal. If you have any questions you may e-mail me: AlanLeonetti@q.com
- 1 pint oysters (without liquid) or 1 pint shrimp (without liquid)
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese (Philadelphia brand)
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pistachio nut (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup chives (finely chopped)
- 1 loaf bread (Italian or baguette)
- Place the blue cheese in a medium size bowl and microwave until soft. Mix in the softened cream cheese.
- Chop the oysters or shrimp and add them into the bowl. I use a food processor to chop.
- Add the pistachio nuts and chives. Again, I use a food processor to chop.
- For the best flavor, cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
- Slice Italian bread into 2 inch pieces or use sliced baguette bread and place them onto a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet under the broiler just until lightly browned.
- Remove from broiler and spread the oyster mixture onto the toasted bread slices and serve. You may use crackers instead of bread.
- If using crackers, no toasting in broiler is necessary.
- The preparation and cooking time does not include the refrigerator time.