Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Richly delicious and easily made. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Cooking time is approximate.
- Beat two eggs in one bowl, the other six in another one.
- Drain oysters, season lightly, dip in flour followed by beaten egg, then in cracker crumbs.
- Fry oysters in butter until brown on one side only.
- Pour the six beaten eggs over the oysters; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until golden; turn and brown on the other side.