Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I like pan-fried oysters, but those are rolled in cornmeal, not typical appetizer fare. These little fritters can be served as both appys and entrees. I am not sure of the serving size because that all depends on how big or little you make them. So, I'm just stating that the yield is one batch.
- 1 1⁄2 cups oysters, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 1 dash salt
- oil, for deep frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oil.
- Stir together the eggs, milk, flour and seasonings to make the batter and stir in the oysters.
- If using for an appetizer, drop by teaspoonfuls into the hot grease and fry until golden.
- If using for an entree, drop by heaping tablespoonfuls.
- Drain on paper towels & serve with cocktail sauce.