A recipe older than my grandma. Freezable, see instructions below.
Make and share this Oyster Dressing, Stuffing, Casserole or Filling for Patti Shells recipe from Food.com.
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 226.79 g ground ham
- 283.49 g container oysters, with liquid
- 236.59-473.18 ml seasoned bread crumbs (can substitute day old French bread cubes)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 354.88 ml green onions, sliced thin
- 59.14 ml parsley, minced
- 14.79 ml paprika
- black pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- Brown ground beef and ham together, breaking up chunks; drain.
- Add onions, garlic, bellpepper and celery. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add green onions, parsley, paprika and season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- In the meatime with food processer, process oysters with liquid until pulverized.
- To the browned meat/vegetable mixture add the processed oysters and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes, stirring to incorporate. Begin with 1 cup breadcrumbs, mixing thoroughly. Mixture should not be too dry nor too wet. If using French bread cubes, smash cubes with back of spoon until incorporated. Adjust seasonings.
- For casserole, spoon mixture into a buttered casserole dish. Can be made a day ahead and refrigerated. Bake 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. Can be frozen uncooked for future use. Defrost in refrigerator.
- For patti shells, spoon into individual shells and bake 10 - 15 minutes until heated through.
- For poultry stuffing, stuff cavity and proceed with safety guidelines for stuffed poultry.
This was a little different but in a good way. I used it as a dressing to go with my turkey and it wasn't a good mix but if I had used it in the patti shells it would have been perfect. Thx 4 sharing :)