1/2 Photos of Oyster Dressing, Stuffing, Casserole or Filling for Patti Shells
A recipe older than my grandma. Freezable, see instructions below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground ham
- 1 (10 ounce) container oysters, with liquid
- 1 -2 cup seasoned bread crumbs (can substitute day old French bread cubes)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups green onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1Brown ground beef and ham together, breaking up chunks; drain.
- 2Add onions, garlic, bellpepper and celery. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add green onions, parsley, paprika and season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- 4In the meatime with food processer, process oysters with liquid until pulverized.
- 5To the browned meat/vegetable mixture add the processed oysters and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes, stirring to incorporate. Begin with 1 cup breadcrumbs, mixing thoroughly. Mixture should not be too dry nor too wet. If using French bread cubes, smash cubes with back of spoon until incorporated. Adjust seasonings.
- 6For casserole, spoon mixture into a buttered casserole dish. Can be made a day ahead and refrigerated. Bake 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. Can be frozen uncooked for future use. Defrost in refrigerator.
- 7For patti shells, spoon into individual shells and bake 10 - 15 minutes until heated through.
- 8For poultry stuffing, stuff cavity and proceed with safety guidelines for stuffed poultry.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oyster Dressing, Stuffing, Casserole or Filling for Patti Shells
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.2
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 724.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 28.0 g