Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 6 cups saltine crackers, broken
- 3 cups oysters, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk (combine milk with reserved oyster liquid to make the amount)
- Simmer celery, onion and butter until tender; add parsley.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl with a fork.
- Add the celery and onion mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour in a greased baking dish or stuff in a fowl and bake.