Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 pint oyster
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups breadcrumbs (with herbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 22 oyster crackers, crumbled
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups broth (turkey)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Drain oysters (reserving liquid) and chop.
- Saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Combine oysters, celery, onion, bread crumbs, seasoning and crackers. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the milk and oyster drippings into broth and stir well.
- Add egg mixture and pour over bread crumbs and cracker mixture.
- Cut butter up into small pieces and mix all ingredients together.
- Place in pan and brown along with turkey about the last 30 minutes (or cook as a casserole; it is delicious).