Recipe by Gaelige Coinnaigh
Servings Per Recipe: 24 Amount Per Serving Calories: 47 Total Fat: 1.4g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 30mg Total Carbs: 6.8g Dietary Fiber: 0.4g Protein: 1.6g
- 1 cup turkey giblets
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 pint chopped oyster, and juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, place the turkey giblets in 2 cups water, or enough to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 20 minutes; drain, reserving 2 cups stock.
- In a medium saucepan bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a saute pan, add oil or shortening and cook celery, onions, parsley and oysters. Cook until oysters are firm. In a large mixing bowl, combine the giblets and stock with the cooked rice, bread cubes and vegetable and oyster mixture. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne. Gently mix together.
- Place dressing in 4 quart casserole dish. Cover and bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven.