Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 37 mins
I had this dressing while I was attending Duke Diet Fitness Center for Thanksgiving, and it was really good. If your watching the weight the recipes from Duke are the way to go! I lost 75 lbs. while attending there :) Makes 24 1/2 cup servings Nutritional Analysis per Serving: Calories per serving: 115 Fat: 3.5 g Carbohydrate: 14 g Protein: 6 g 1S, 0.5P, 0.5F
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cups French bread (1-inch cubes)
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix or 2 cups croutons, plain
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 40 ounces oysters, undrained, and rough chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 300 (convection oven with fan).
- Melt margarine in a Dutch oven over med-high heat.
- Add 1 1/2 cups onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Saute 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add bread and next 6 ingredients (bread through oysters).
- Cook 7 minutes or until done, stirring constantly. Remove form heat, and stir in green onions and cheese.
- Spoon into a shallow pan coated with cooking spray.
- Place in steamer for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 300, for 10 minutes.