1/1 Photo of Oyster Dressing Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
An old family recipe that is tried and true. This can, also, be used to stuff a hen, turkey, patty shells or bellpeppers. Freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb ham seasoning or 1/2 lb ham steak, coarsley processed in food processor
- 8 ounces oysters, fresh with liquid
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 cups green onions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 -1 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 2Butter 13"x9" baking pan.
- 3In large Dutch oven, brown ground beef and ham, breaking up large pieces; drain.
- 4Add onion, bellpepper, celery and garlic; saute until tender.
- 5In the meantime, without cleaning the processor from ham, add oysters with liquid and process until smooth.
- 6Add oyster mixture to pot, stirring until well mixed, cooking about 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- 7Add parsley, green onions, paprika, and Kitchen Bouquet.
- 8Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Turn off fire.
- 10Add breadcrumbs and combine well.
- 11Turn mixture into prepared baking pan and smooth top.
- 12Sprinkle top with additional breadcrumbs and dot with butter.
- 13Bake in preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oyster Dressing Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.3
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 371.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: