Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
An old family recipe that is tried and true. This can, also, be used to stuff a hen, turkey, patty shells or bellpeppers. Freezes well.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ham seasoning or 1⁄2 lb ham steak, coarsley processed in food processor
- 8 ounces oysters, fresh with liquid
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 cups green onions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Butter 13"x9" baking pan.
- In large Dutch oven, brown ground beef and ham, breaking up large pieces; drain.
- Add onion, bellpepper, celery and garlic; saute until tender.
- In the meantime, without cleaning the processor from ham, add oysters with liquid and process until smooth.
- Add oyster mixture to pot, stirring until well mixed, cooking about 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add parsley, green onions, paprika, and Kitchen Bouquet.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off fire.
- Add breadcrumbs and combine well.
- Turn mixture into prepared baking pan and smooth top.
- Sprinkle top with additional breadcrumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes.