Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my own creation, tho I am sure that there are hundreds out there just like it. Please use 1/2 box (one bag) Mrs. Cubbisons Seasoned Cornbread Stuffing Mix, and Jimmy Dean Bold Sausage. This recipe is very easy to double.
- 6 ounces seasoned stuffing mix (1/2 box, Mrs. Cubbison's Seasoned Cornbread preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces sausage (Jimmy Dean Bold Country Sausage preferred)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar oysters, with part of the juice
- 1 -2 cup chicken broth
- Melt butter in skillet, add celery and onion and mushrooms. Sauté till crisp/tender.
- Meanwhile, break sausage into pieces and brown in a separate skillet over med heat.
- Put Stuffing mix into a large bowl.
- Add the celery, onion and sausage.
- Chop oysters and add. Add as much of the juice as you like.
- Moisten with chicken broth, add more or less according to your liking.
- Put in buttered loaf pan and bake for about 25 min at 350°F.