- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped yellow sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon sage leaf, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pint oyster, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup turkey broth
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 lb loaf whole wheat bread, cubed (2 days old)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees. Coat an 15 x 11 x 2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté celery and onion till tender. Stir in broth, seasoning, eggs and oysters. Remove from heat.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Pour oyster mixture over and mix to coat. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours. Remove foil the last 30 minutes of baking time for the surface to crisp.