- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 pint oyster, drained and chopped
- 4 small potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 10 cups breadcrumbs, coarse
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat, then add onions and celery and saute until they are transparent.
- Add chopped oysters and cook for two minutes, then stir in the potatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix breadcrumbs and onion mixture.
- Add egg, broth, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spread mixture loosely in a 19x9x2 baking dish and bake at 325 degrees (Fahrenheit) for about 45 minutes, or stuff a 12 pound turkey.