1/1 Photo of Oyster Cream Soup
Recipe posted by request. Original recipe from Williams-Sonoma.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon, cooked to just crisp and crumbled drain off fat
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups shucked oysters, in their liquor
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1In a large saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat.
- 2Add the potato, carrot, celery and onion.
- 3Saute for 3 minutes.
- 4Pour the oysters through a fine mesh strainer into the pan, then add the milk, cream and thyme.
- 5Bring milk and vegetable mixture to a boil, reducing heat to a simmer.
- 6Cook, uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- 7Add the oysters and cook until their edges curl, about 3 minutes.
- 8Season to taste with hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
- 9Ladle into bowls and garnish with chives and crumbled bacon.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oyster Cream Soup
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 712.1
- Calories from Fat 480
- Total Fat 53.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.7 g
- Cholesterol 227.3 mg
- Sodium 504.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 27.5 g