Recipe by Jennifer Lewis
I grew up on Oyster "stew". I like to "create" new things and this is what I came up with. I fix this for myself only and so I made it how I like it, and this is the result. Hope you like it.
Top Review by RobboNZ
OMG I'm just finishing it all off, I'm glad I was cooking for myself. Used Bluff Oyster's A NZ oyster and it was unreal. Will be doing again when I have a hot date around for dinner! :-)
- 1 (8 ounce) can oysters, reserve oyster juice
- 0.5 (11 ounce) can corn, reserve 1/4 cup corn juice
- 2 small potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash garlic
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 cup milk
- 3 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sauce pan, cut up the bacon into small pieces with scissors, cook bacon and leave only one tablespoon of bacon grease and put in the 2 tbsp of margarine and cubed potatoes and 1/4 cup of onion.
- Saute the potatoes and onion in the bacon and butter until becomes soft.
- Add the flour and stir, coating the potatoes and onion.
- Add the oyster and corn liquid and bring to a boil.
- After about 5 minutes, add the corn and oysters, salt and pepper, garlic and milk.
- Stirring constantly, lower the temperature and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Make sure that the potatoes are cooked thoroughly and if done add your parsley.