Jennifer Lewis's Note:
I grew up on Oyster "stew". I like to "create" new things and this is what I came up with. I fix this for myself only and so I made it how I like it, and this is the result. Hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium sauce pan, cut up the bacon into small pieces with scissors, cook bacon and leave only one tablespoon of bacon grease and put in the 2 tbsp of margarine and cubed potatoes and 1/4 cup of onion.
- 2Saute the potatoes and onion in the bacon and butter until becomes soft.
- 3Add the flour and stir, coating the potatoes and onion.
- 4Add the oyster and corn liquid and bring to a boil.
- 5After about 5 minutes, add the corn and oysters, salt and pepper, garlic and milk.
- 6Stirring constantly, lower the temperature and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- 7Make sure that the potatoes are cooked thoroughly and if done add your parsley.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oyster Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 54.6 mg
- Sodium 283.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 15.3 g