Recipe by ellie_
I thought this sounded like a good way to use up some Asian condiments and chives that I have on hand. Recipe source:Bon Appetit February 1984
- 3 cups water
- 1 piece dried fresh seaweed (5-6 inch piece, nori or dashi-konbu)
- 1⁄2 lb shucked oyster, with liquid
- 2 cake tofu, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 1 pound)
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons miso
- 4 long chives, snipped
- 1 pinch dried red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan heat 3 cups of water and seaweed and bring to a boil. As soon as water begins to boil discard seaweed.
- When water comes to a boil add oysters and tofu.
- Return to a boil, skimming foam from surface.
- In a small cup or bowl mix miso with 1 teaspoon hot soup. Stir mixture into soup in saucepan.
- Stir in chives and hot pepper flakes and return to a boil.
- Remove from heat and ladle into bowls to serve.