To make this a low carb/diabetic dish, just substitute crushed pork rinds for the cracker crumbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (12 ounce) containers fresh oysters
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups crushed cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup lightly-salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Drain the oysters and place half of them in a lightly greased shallow 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with half of the salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- 3Top with half of each of the vegetables, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
- 4Sprinkle with half of the cracker crumbs.
- 5Drizzle with half of the butter and half-and-half.
- 6Repeat the layers one more time then sprinkle paprika over all.
- 7Bake for 40 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oyster Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.3
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 104.8 mg
- Sodium 371.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 15.3 g