Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
To make this a low carb/diabetic dish, just substitute crushed pork rinds for the cracker crumbs.
Make and share this Oyster Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (12 ounce) containersfresh oysters
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups crushed cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup lightly-salted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain the oysters and place half of them in a lightly greased shallow 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with half of the salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Top with half of each of the vegetables, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle with half of the cracker crumbs.
- Drizzle with half of the butter and half-and-half.
- Repeat the layers one more time then sprinkle paprika over all.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.