- 1 pint oyster
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, stale
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 stalk parsley, chopped fine
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Scald the milk, add the bread crumbs and cook in double-boiler for 20 minutes; strain.
- Make a white sauce of the strained milk/crumb mixture and the flour and butter.
- Chop oysters, put in sauce-pan with their own liquor, the water and chopped vegetables and herbs.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes: strain.
- Combine with the white sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.