Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a rich , lovely cream bisque that is delicately flavored with steamed vegetables. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 quart oyster
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 quart milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Grind oysters in a meat grinder or food processor.
- Cook celery and bell pepper in a small amount of water until tender.
- Melt butter, add flour and blend thoroughly.
- Add milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine with cooked vegetables and minced oysters.
- Heat slowly for five minutes.
- Add a few drops of Worcestershire sauce before serving.