Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the most delicious, decadent and wonderful stew/soup on the planet. We've gone to the Nugget specifically for the Pan Roasts. Their menu has oyster, shrimp or crab pan roasts. So feel free to use any/all or a combination of the meat. Enjoy! We certainly will, cheaper now that I've got the recipe.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon seafood cocktail sauce
- 1⁄4 cup clam juice
- 6 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In large pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add salt, white pepper, celery seed, paprika, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tobasco, white wine, cocktail sauce and clam juice.
- Add seafood, stir and bring to a full boil. Add half-and-half and return contents of pan to boil.
- Place butter in bottom of deep bowl, pour in pan roast, sprinkle with paprika and serve.
This recipe's almost correct BUT John Ascuaga's Nugget starts off with a tablespoon butter AND garlic (almost a clove minced). Other than that you're right on.
Thank you so much for this. We lived in Carson City and used to drive up to eat this fairly often. It's wonderful but I lost the recipe when I moved. Hope the new owners of the Nugget keep this on the menu.
Thanks for sharing!