This is the most delicious, decadent and wonderful stew/soup on the planet. We've gone to the Nugget specifically for the Pan Roasts. Their menu has oyster, shrimp or crab pan roasts. So feel free to use any/all or a combination of the meat. Enjoy! We certainly will, cheaper now that I've got the recipe.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon seafood cocktail sauce
- 1⁄4 cup clam juice
- 6 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In large pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add salt, white pepper, celery seed, paprika, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tobasco, white wine, cocktail sauce and clam juice.
- Add seafood, stir and bring to a full boil. Add half-and-half and return contents of pan to boil.
- Place butter in bottom of deep bowl, pour in pan roast, sprinkle with paprika and serve.
This recipe's almost correct BUT John Ascuaga's Nugget starts off with a tablespoon butter AND garlic (almost a clove minced). Other than that you're right on.
Thanks for sharing!
Good Recipe. I love Pan Roasts. I live in Las Vegas NV and this is almost as good as the Pan Roast at Sunset Station at the Costa Del Sol oyster bar. I don't know why but the other Oyster Bar's at other Station Casino's don't compare.