Hey Jude's Note:
A hearty soup with two of my favorite foods...oysters and artichokes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (12 ounce) containers fresh standard oysters
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 6 bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut into eighths
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1Drain oysters, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- 2Cut each oyster into fourths.
- 3Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- 4Add onions and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring constantly, until green onions are tender.
- 5Add flour, stirring until blended.
- 6Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 7Gradually stir in reserved 1 cup oyster liquid and chicken broth.
- 8Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- 9Remove and discard bay leaves.
- 10Add oysters, artichoke hearts and parsley; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- 11Stir in cream and cook just until thoroughly heated.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oyster-Artichoke Soup
Serving Size: 1 (2557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.0
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 113.7 mg
- Sodium 686.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 13.5 g