Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make at least 2 hours ahead or day before serving. Prep time does not include stand time. From the Texas Longhorn Cookbook
- 4 dozen oysters
- 1 (7 ounce) packagepepperidge farms bread cubes
- chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 2 tablespoons absinthe
- seasoned bread crumbs
- reheat oven to 350º.
- Drain oysters and reserve liquid.
- Soak bread cubes in oyster liquid and chicken broth as needed. This mixture should be very moist.
- Warm oysters until they curl. Reserve.
- Saute onions, celery, garlic and green onions in butter.
- Add oysters, artichokes, bread cubes, thyme, salt, pepper and parsley. Cook 10-15 minutes.
- Pour into a 14 x 10 x 2-inch casserole.
- Sprinkle Absinthe and seasoned bread crumbs on top.
- Bake 20-30 minutes.