Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Melt the butter in a sauce pot.
- Add the onion, celery, and garlic; saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk in the flour and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and heat until thickened.
- Stir in the half and half and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat, add the oysters and artichokes.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the sherry.
This appears to be much like a dish I had 30 years ago at Corinne Dunbar's, an excellent New Orleans restaurant which I believe is no longer in business. It's the only dish I still remember from that meal. Based only on perusing the recipe, I'm adding it to my cookbook and giving it 5 stars. I have confidence that this is good. Jim